The Occasional Joke


Nurse: Patient's name?

Centurion: Marcus Licinius Crassus

Nurse: And his date of birth?

Centurion: 115 BC.

Nurse: All right. And what is he here for?

Centurion: Cataphract surgery.


Monday, January 28, 2008

Reading List, Lately

On the off chance that anyone cares, I thought I'd list a few of the things I've been working my way through (especially since some of them were Christmas presents that I haven't adequately thanked people for.)
A word about these "essential histories;" they come from Osprey Publishing, and are usually well-written, furnished with a small but adequate set of maps and illustrations, and are pretty well-edited (although the Iran-Iraq book transposes "Iraq" for "Iran" in one caption, confusing me mightily for a while until I figured out it was a mistake.) If you want a quick briefing on a war or a campaign and they have a title for it, you could do a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment