The Occasional Joke


Nurse: Patient's name?

Centurion: Marcus Licinius Crassus

Nurse: And his date of birth?

Centurion: 115 BC.

Nurse: All right. And what is he here for?

Centurion: Cataphract surgery.


Saturday, January 15, 2011

Not old haunts

Despite any possible concern over the legal troubles of its prior owner, someone plans on rehabilitating the mid-eastern restaurant La Shish. This is labeled "not old haunts," because I think I was at La Shish once, prior to the dust-up, and was no more impressed with it than I ever am with hummus-and-felafel places. But good luck to them, anyway, say I, because the new name for at least the outpost in Ann Arbor was (and may remain, for all I know) "The Palm Palace." What were they thinking?

I know at least one faithful reader who will disagree with me about La Shish, by the way, and I welcome a more positive review of the place as it was before the owner took it on the lamb (get it, lam / lamb? Haw, haw.) When it comes to that particular end of the Mediterranean, I suspect that I just plain don't get it.

1 comment:

  1. I am heartened that the previous owners of Sharayar have opened up on Plymouth Road. Kitchen Chick has done a blog entry on the menu and they have Karnabeet (cauliflower) which was a favorite at the old spot.

    http://www.kitchenchick.com/2011/01/zamaan-cafe-photo-tour.html

    ReplyDelete