The Occasional Joke


Nurse: Patient's name?

Centurion: Marcus Licinius Crassus

Nurse: And his date of birth?

Centurion: 115 BC.

Nurse: All right. And what is he here for?

Centurion: Cataphract surgery.


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'll be Brief ...

... today, since I just came back from one of my favorite procedures, a bone marrow biopsy, in which they ram a needle into one or another of the bones in your pelvis and aspirate (that's a medical term for "suck") out some marrow. Sedation or no sedation, the whole process sucks, in my (by now well-experienced) opinion.

So all I have to say today is to note for you, in case you missed it, John McCain's comment that maybe tweeting isn't all it's cracked up to be, since:

"I look at a lot of tweets that come back to me, and a large number of them call for my early demise, usually in a painful manner."

Funny article, actually. I'm only vaguely aware of who Snooki is, but apparently McCain knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment