The Occasional Joke


Nurse: Patient's name?

Centurion: Marcus Licinius Crassus

Nurse: And his date of birth?

Centurion: 115 BC.

Nurse: All right. And what is he here for?

Centurion: Cataphract surgery.


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A couple of dishes ...


First, something I put together in sheer exuberance over the presence of actual fresh produce. Linda named it Shells and Morels, and along with fresh asparagus spears and squash blossoms, plus garlic, oregano, and basil in hot oil, that's what it is.


And then, of course, there's breakfast. Clockwise from the top, magnesium sulfate (in the bottle), tacrolimus, prednisone, actigall, ranitidine, acyclovir, voriconisole, metoprolol, and flucacin. And I didn't have room or inclination to include the various PRN (as needed) items or the topicals. I'd need a wider lens. Let me say it again, you really, really don't want to have an allogeneic stem cell transplant. Really.

But on the plus side, it does allow me to claim that I'm the only person I know of who has a traditional Doctor's knife as EDC and uses the spatula blade for its intended purpose, namely sorting pills. So it ain't all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment