The Occasional Joke


Nurse: Patient's name?

Centurion: Marcus Licinius Crassus

Nurse: And his date of birth?

Centurion: 115 BC.

Nurse: All right. And what is he here for?

Centurion: Cataphract surgery.


Friday, May 6, 2011

TFS suffers kitchen fire

But never fear, Ann Arbor's prime spot for grease is back on line today, according to Annarbor.com.

TFS is, of course, the Parthenon Restaurant, one of the last great Greek artery-clogging establishments left in downtown A2. Along with a few other places, we used to go there on Friday nights, after the Old Town, simply because you could always walk in with a crowd and get seated -- I don't think the management had ever heard of reservations.

One night, as we were consuming our gyros, pastitsio, dolmades, etc., there came one of those pauses in the conversation that sometimes happen, not just at our table but all over the restaurant. Into the middle of this silence came the comment, spoken in a normal tone of voice by a gentleman at a nearby table, "This food sucks." Ever since then, the Parthenon has been known to we few, we happy few, we band of brothers as TFS.

God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for molecular gastronomy,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet pounded lamb in pita wrapp'd,
With tzadziki lapp'd,
I am the most offending soul alive.


Here endeth the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment