The Occasional Joke


Nurse: Patient's name?

Centurion: Marcus Licinius Crassus

Nurse: And his date of birth?

Centurion: 115 BC.

Nurse: All right. And what is he here for?

Centurion: Cataphract surgery.


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Another temple gone

That icon of fine dining, the Flim Flam Restaurant, has closed its doors. Many's the time I ate lunch there (well, once or twice, when someone else proposed it,) watching one of my PhD colleagues from CPHA eat a pork chop, in public, with his fingers.

The saddest part of this whole episode is the number of people who commented on the AA.com story with phrases like, "... one of the best diners in Ann Arbor." Granted, some of them also said things like "... we really don't eat out all that much." Apparently.

2 comments:

  1. It had its attractions. I never got a straight answer for who the namesake of the Astrid sandwich was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate there a few times when I worked down the street, at MDSI. This place put the grease in "greasy spoon". My LAST visit there occurred when I noticed my coffee cup had a big red lipstick stain on it. As you know, I don't wear lipstick. Their chicken soup was not even as good as Campbell's. I couldn't believe anyone would be a regular there.

    ReplyDelete