The Occasional Joke


Nurse: Patient's name?

Centurion: Marcus Licinius Crassus

Nurse: And his date of birth?

Centurion: 115 BC.

Nurse: All right. And what is he here for?

Centurion: Cataphract surgery.


Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Another piece of good advice

Some time back, I said about one of my various ailments, "You really don't want to get this," or words to that effect. Well, WRT slipping on the ice and breaking your dominant wrist, ditto.

I am getting back most of the use of it, including some typing, but I still have substantial numbness in the fingers, making precision questionable. I drop a lot of stuff. However, I can now wield my chef's knife with the right hand, a distinct sign of progress.

Anyway, Linda and I strongly recommend Stabilicers as a way of not slipping. Yaktrax not so much; they wear out and break, leaving you with a broken coil spring dangling from your boot.

Needless, I hope, to say, I wasn't wearing anything like this when I went off the side of the porch.

This has been your good advice of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment