The Occasional Joke


Nurse: Patient's name?

Centurion: Marcus Licinius Crassus

Nurse: And his date of birth?

Centurion: 115 BC.

Nurse: All right. And what is he here for?

Centurion: Cataphract surgery.


Monday, May 14, 2007

How to Waste Time

So I have some time on my hands, as you can imagine. If you should find yourself in similar straights, I can heartily recommend the "50 Movie Pack" series shown below, as outstanding examples of what I believe Ed Vielmetti used to call shovel ware. There are more genres than just the two shown here, and the price-performance ratio is astounding, as long as your only requirement is "entertain me while I stare mindlessly at the TV."





To see the whole, sordid collection, do a search on
50 Movie Pack
on Amazon, and marvel at the amount of content a few bucks will buy you.

The urban dictionary reference for shovel ware is incomplete, by the way, since the original usage was applied to those paperback "guides to the internet" that you used to see. Someone should submit an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment